Update 2024: LAUCHING THE NEW PROGRESSIVE
EMBRACING TECHNOLOGY FOR SIMPLIFIED ORTHODONTIC CARE
- Overview of the new Progressive Orthodontic Digital Workflow
- Introduce new Progressive products – Progressive Aligners, Progressive Medit Ortho Simulations and Progressive Dental Monitoring
- How our new tools will change the way you do ortho in your practice and make your life easier
- Combining the simulations and lateral ceph for a 3D VTO
- Evaluating and analyzing the simulations – how to choose the right simulation and what to do if none of the simulations are acceptable
- What you can do with the simulations? 5 minute chairside ortho diagnosis, treatment plan and appliance design for brackets and aligner cases instead of 1-2 hours per case for a full work-up in Smilestream
- 20 case examples using start records to create “simulation sets” based on characteristics of the patient. Step by step using active software app
- Learn from case studies and examples to understand how different orthodontic case types are simulated by the software. – crowding, spacing, open bite, deep bite, crossbite, class II div 1 and 2, class III, protrusion, extraction vs. IPR
- Using the simulations to create printable STL files to make my own aligners in office
- Dental Monitoring – what is it, how does it work and why is it so popular among the specialists
- Don McGann, DDS graduated from the University Of Pacific Dental School with OKU honors
- While attending large amounts of dental continuing education during the 1970’s, he discovered his passion for orthodontics and began a thorough study of the field that has continued to this day.
- Initially teaching for the United States Dental Institute (USDI) from 1980-1984, Dr. McGann continued to research orthodontics through exhaustive independent study, attending seminars offered by orthodontists, and practicing thousands of cases in a high volume clinical setting.
- This immersion led Dr. McGann to a comprehensive understanding of orthodontics and the most effective methods of teaching ortho to the general dentist. In 1984, Dr. McGann created and began teaching his own orthodontic course, Progressive Orthodontic Seminars (POS).
- Progressive was designed to streamline the straight-wire type techniques taught in university orthodontic programs, allowing dentists to offer orthodontics to their patients at a standard of care identical to that of orthodontists.
- As graduating dentists told their colleagues about the program and the fun and profitable new specialty in their practice, POS continued to grow exponentially, eventually being taught in seventeen different countries with thousands of graduates worldwide.
- Between editing the GP Ortho News, presenting lectures at the ADA and AGD annual meetings, and the worldwide success of Progressive Orthodontic Seminars, Dr. McGann has established himself as the world’s leader of GP orthodontic education.
- Dr. McGann holds several orthodontic patents and has been published in the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, Asian Dentist, GP Ortho News, and numerous other journals.
- 1991-1995: Undergraduate Studies at UC San Diego and University of Utah
- 1992-1994: Missionary service for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Rosario, Argentina.
- 1996-2000: Oregon Health Sciences University Portland, OR DMD Dental Degree – Graduated with Honors
- 2007-2009: Progressive Orthodontic Seminars Certificate
- 2023: POS Head Instructor
- 1999 – Dental Degree – New York University College of Dentistry
- 2000- Advanced Education in General Dentistry – Lutheran Medical Center
- 2006- Fellow of International Congress of Implantology (ICOI), since 2006
- 2007-Present – Progressive Orthodontics Instructor and current instructor certification at Progressive Orthodontics
- 1979 – Dental Degree—Free University, Brussels, Belgium
- 1983 – Periodontist Degree, MSc—Catholic University Nymegen, Netherlands
- 1984 – Fellowship Academy of Dental Materials—Northwestern University Dental School, Chicago, USA
- 2007 – Fellowship of the International College of Dentists
- Dr. Hans De Bruyn has given 500+ lectures on restorative dentistry, periodontics, orthodontics, TMJ, and radiosurgery, has been a guest guest lecturer in orthodontics at the Continuing Education Program for Comprehensive Dentistry in the Netherlands and has published 8 articles and 2 manuals.
- 1984-1987 – DDS from the University of Utrecht
- 1987-1989-Worked as an associate for 2 years in a NHS practice in Great Yarmouth, England.
- 1989-1994-Owned private practice in Sehnde, West Germany.
- 1994-Present-Owns private practice in Alkmaar, The Netherlands.
- 2006-Present – Progressive Orthodontics Tenured Instructor
- 1977: Dr. Joseph Viviano attended California Polytechnic State University for his undergraduate degree in environmental engineering, graduating in 1977.
- 1980: He then attended the School of Pharmacy and the School of Dentistry at the University of the Pacific, graduating with his pharmacy degree in 1980
- 1983: His dental degree in 1983
He received many awards when graduating, including honor for graduating in the top 10% of his class for both pharmacy and dental school.
- 1983: He has maintained a private dental practice since 1983
- 1992: He became an international instructor for Progressive Orthodontic Seminars.
Dr. Viviano is a member of several professional associations, including:
- American Dental Association®
- California Dental Association
- San Joaquin Dental Society
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- 1991 – Dental Degree, Melbourne University
- 1997-1999 – Progressive Orthodontic Seminars
- 1997-1999 – Implant surgery through “Branemark Centre” Perth
- 1993- Present -Various bone grafting and advanced implant courses
- 2005-2006- Trained for “Nobel Guide” and “All-On-4” surgical techniques
- 1991-Present: Private Practice, Principal dentist in a multidisciplinary general practice facility in Lara, Australia employing 4 full time dentists, 2 full time hygienist / therapists and 20 odd auxiliary staff
- Practice focus: Providing exceptional comprehensive dentistry. Empowering patient’s to achieve their dental goals.
- Australian Dental Association (ADA)
- Australian Osseo-integration Society (AOS)
- Australian Society of Implant Dentistry (ASID)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Adult Orthodontics
- Aligner Essentials
- Assistant & Team Orthodontic Training
- FREE Introduction to Orthodontics
- Gummy Smiles
- Maximizing Your Ortho Business [Online Class]
- Orthodontic Case Finishing
- Orthodontics for Children
- Orthodontic Mechanics
- TMD, Pain Management & Botox® in Dentistry
- Twenty-First Century TMD Protocols
- Ultimate Triad
- Update 2024: LAUCHING THE NEW PROGRESSIVE
LOCATION & DATES:
- January 20-21: Orange County (Dr. Don McGann & Dr. Collins Harrell)
- Jan 27-28: Amsterdam (Dr. Collins Harrell)
- Feb 3-4: Vienna (Dr. Hans De Bruyn)
- Feb 3-4: Madrid (Dr. Collins Harrell)
- Feb 24-25: Munich (Dr. Hans De Bruyn)
- March 2-3: Melbourne (Dr. Collins Harrell)
- March 9-10: Kuala Lumpur (Dr. Collins Harrell)
- March 16-17: Miami (Dr. Brian Liao)
- March 16-17: San Jose (Dr. Joe Viviano)
- April 13-14: Toronto (Dr. Brian Liao)
- April 13-14: Chicago (Dr. Joe Viviano)
- April 20-21: New York (Dr. Brian Liao)
- April 20-21: Houston (Dr. Joe Viviano)
- April 27-28: Sydney (Dr. Charlie Kahwagi)