Defeat your patients’ distracting gingival display
The McGann Postgraduate School of Dentistry has developed a modern system to correct gummy smiles in a non-invasive way. By using a variety of techniques, you can correct this major cosmetic issue with efficiently and predictably.
In this course, Dr. Brian Liao will discuss a variety of different tools at your disposal, including working on tooth position, vertical dimension, musculature, clinical crown lengthening, and managing the gingival. Understanding the causative factors of gummy smiles leads to the correct diagnosis, treatment planning and successful results. Since there are different factors within each gummy smile, an in depth evaluation of the ethological factors like lip size, lip hypermobility, jaw position, crown length and more is needed for success.
After taking this course, you will feel confident recommending effective gummy smile treatment in your practice.
Experience the joy in radically improving a patient’s appearance. Best of all, these patients will become you #1 source of practice referrals, as the change is a conversation starter for all of your patient’s friends. Learn a comprehensive approach and a step by step treatment planning that will lead to your success on any gummy smile!
*There are no prerequisites to enroll into this class and all students will be able to take practical skills from this class. However, dentists and orthodontists with orthodontic experience will be able to understand certain parts of the lecture better (especially when Dr. Liao references some orthodontic principles and Visual Treatment Objectives in the case presentations and diagnosis discussions).
- Understanding the causative factors of gummy smiles
- Step-by-Step treatment planning for successful results
- “Not all gummy smiles are created equal”!
- Evaluating lip size, hypermobility, and other important factors
- Bony anchorage to treat maxillary vertical excess
- In depth evaluation of the ethological factors that cause gummy smiles
Dr. Brian Liao is a tenured instructor, teaching hundreds of dentists around the world. He has helped to treat hundreds of patients with gummy smiles in both his practice in Taipei, Taiwan and his previous practice in Arizona, USA. In addition to working at a busy private practice (with a focus on cosmetic dentistry, orthodontics and implantology), he also runs a successful dental consulting business in Taipei.
- University of California, Irvine, B.S in Biological Science, 1994
- University of California, Irvine, B.A in Economics, 1994
- New York University College of Dentistry, 1999
- Residency at Lutheran Medical Center- Advanced Education in General Dentistry, 2000
- Fellow of International Congress of Implantology (ICOI) since 2006
- Progressive Orthodontic Seminars Instructor since 2010
- Adult Orthodontics
- Aligner Essentials
- Assistant & Team Orthodontic Training
- FREE Introduction to Orthodontics
- Gummy Smiles
- Maximizing Your Ortho Business [Online Class]
- Orthodontic Case Finishing
- Orthodontics for Children
- Orthodontic Mechanics
- TMD, Pain Management & Botox® in Dentistry
- Twenty-First Century TMD Protocols
- Ultimate Triad
- Update 2024: LAUCHING THE NEW PROGRESSIVE
DATES & LOCATIONS
- To be announced
- $845 - Early Registration
- $1045 thereafter
- Loyalty members save an additional $50!
- For all other locations, please contact your local coordinator, as each location's tuition is priced in the local currency.
- Tuition includes all course materials and handouts