Update 2018: Facial Esthetics & Orthodontics
In the 2018 annual Update Seminar, learn how to analyze surgical and non-surgical orthodontic approaches to correcting skeletal disorders. Design treatment plans with these approaches that will improve your patients’ facial balance and esthetics.
About the yearly Update Seminars
This seminar is presented as Progressive Orthodontics’ annual Update Seminar for 2018. The Update Seminar is designed to provide the Progressive Family new topics, cases, or philosophies to add to their current knowledge. Doctors who have not attended previous Progressive Orthodontic seminars may still enroll. However, please note that a few concepts may build on top of training from the Comprehensive Orthodontic series. Although some prior knowledge of orthodontic principles will maximize what you take from this class, there is no prerequisite and even doctors with no orthodontic experience should enjoy this topic.
Special Panel Discussion with Dr. Don McGann at Update 2018 Orange County
We’re thrilled that Dr. McGann will return to POS as a special guest at the Orange County Update seminar. Dr. McGann will appear in a panel discussion alongside fellow POS instructors to speak on a range of topics including Facial Esthetics & Orthodontics, the future of GP orthodontics, and the impact POS has had on the dental community. A recording of the panel discussion will be available following the event for those attending the seminar in other locations.
- Demystifying the grey area between surgical and non-surgical orthodontic cases
- Step by step treatment planning and Aesthetic Facial design
- Planning details to improve more than just the teeth
- Tips from an OMFS to have successful finishes
- Steps to determine if your case is an easy or difficult one before starting
- Understanding the orthodontic role in the correction of skeletal deformities and soft tissue balance
- In-Class Case Workshop
Dr. David Dana has an esthetics and orthodontics private practice in Beverly Hills since 1984. He got his training in Prosthodontics at Boston University and his DDS at Universidad Tecnologica de Mexico. As a leading tenured instructor at Progressive Orthodontics, Dr. Dana has taught thousands of students since 1994 and continues to teach so that students can reach the highest levels of dentistry.
- Dental Degree- Universidad Tecnologica de Mexico 1977-1981
- Prosthodontics- Boston University 1981-1983
Lecturer for Progressive Orthodontic Seminars from 1994 to present.
In addition to his work with Progressive, Dr. Dana has lectured in Europe, Mexico, Australia, and Latin America on restorative and cosmetic dentistry, focusing on the use of Botulin toxin in dentistry and the use of lip filler for facial aesthetics.
- 1984-1988: Melbourne University, president of Dental Students Society in 1986
- 1990-1992: Member of the Medical Board for the Mildura Private Hospital
- 1993-1996: Worked in private practice in Malvern and Brunswick
- 1995-2003: Member of the Medical Board for the Vaucluse Hospital
- 1997-Present: Owned and worked in my own practice, employing two hygienist, therapist and an associate dentist
- Created http://firstbite.com.au , dental library for the public to learn about dental topics.
- Radio: 3AW , 3AK (had own weekly radio show), Koorie radio 3KND, ABC Radio National, ABC 774, 5AA Adelaide, ABC Drive Time Adelaide, ABC Regional South Australia
- TV: Channel 7 Sunrise Show, Channel 31
- Newspaper: The Herald Sun, Leader Newspaper (Moonee Valley), Community News
- Studied dentistry from 1982 to 1987 at the “Johannes Gutenberg-University” in Mainz.
- Certified post graduate education in implantology.
- Started working in the army in 1987, as a Captain, in Mainz.
- Received doctor’s degree in dentistry in 1990.
- Retired from the army, in 1993, as a Lieutenant-Colonel.
- I became a partner in a general dentist´s practice in Diessen in 1993.
- I´m still working in the same practice, together with a partner, offering everything in dentistry.
- 1984-1987 – The University of Cincinnati
- 1987 – Early Admission into Dental School with requirement for Bachelor’s Degree waived due to exceptional academics/ qualifications
- 1987-1991 – The Ohio State University College of Dentistry
- Deans List – 9 of 14 quarters
- Presidents List (Perfect 4.0 Average) – Remaining 5 quarters
- 1991 – Graduated with DDS degree – Graduated Cum Laude (#8 in class of 120)
- 1991-Present – OKU Dental Honor Society
- 1991-1995 – Worked in Group Practice
- 1995-Present – Private practice with emphasis on Orthodontics, Restorative, Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics
- 2007-Present – Progressive Orthodontics Instructor and responsible for new instructor training and current instructor certification at Progressive Orthodontics
- Adult Orthodontics
- Assistant & Team Orthodontic Training
- Esthetic Periodontics
- FREE Introduction to Orthodontics
- Gummy Smiles
- Interceptive Orthodontics
- Maximizing Your Ortho Business [Online Class]
- Orthodontic Case Finishing
- Orthodontics for Children
- Orthodontic Mechanics
- Sleep Apnea & TMD
- TMD, Pain Management & Botox® in Dentistry
- Update 2019: Asymmetry in Orthodontics
LOCATION & DATES:
- Vienna, Austria - Jan 20-21 (Krennrich)
- Amsterdam, Holland - Jan 26-27 (Krennrich)
- San Jose, CA, USA - Feb 10-11 (Wier)
- New York, NY, USA - Feb 24-25 (Wier)
- Orange County, CA, USA - March 3-4 (Dana)
- Madrid, Spain - April 14-15 (Dana)
- Lisbon, Portugal - April 21-22 (Dana)
- Melbourne, Australia - April 21-22 (Hymer)
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - April 28-29 (Liao)
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam - July 14-15 (DeGroot)