Teeth still aren’t moving right even though you followed the steps?
Let’s be honest, your two-day aligner training isn’t enough. This revolutionary new aligner program will give you the mentors and know-how to handle every situation.
Fundamentals for Clear Aligner Success
Gain the knowledge and support to be successful and efficient on every clear aligner case that you treat. Mentors (all are experienced dentists) will provide extensive diagnosis help, but you must learn the fundamentals of orthodontics and aligner therapy first!
This series helps dentists optimize their skills and efficiency using the popular treatment of clear aligners. To successfully treat cases with clear aligners, you need a strong foundation in orthodontic principles and the knowledge of what case types to treat. Your education will give you the tools to choose the right cases and appliances to have complete control within a realistic environment. This seminar is for dentists with any type of experience level wanting to treat patients with the same quality finishes as what’s expected in traditional orthodontics.
By the end of this program, you will have the practical case studies and knowledge to feel confident that the cases you start will have the expected results.
A Comprehensive Series of four, three-day seminars
In this seminar, you will learn how to detect orthodontic issues in your patients. You will gain an understanding of the cases you can treat with clear aligners. You will learn how to choose which case types are the best for you to take on, and which ones to start later when you have more knowledge.
Understand what records are required to properly treat patients, including how intra-oral scanners can improve your process. We will also introduce how to efficiently start a ClearCorrect case that meets the standards of orthodontics through the use of the SmileStream Consulting and Mentoring services.
- Case selection and treatment planning
- Class I crowding
- Mild posterior crossbite
- How to properly diagnose and design your aligners for success
- How the skeletal pattern influences your success or failure
- How facial traits and tooth movement affect facial esthetics
- How to properly take records, to meet the ABO standard
- Photos, x-rays and models (scans or impressions)
- Intra-oral scanners
- Documenting the various types of malocclusion
- Aligner+ a complete diagnosis and treatment planning system using a hybrid of clear aligners and fixed appliances for best results
- Fixing the problems of inconsistent aligner treatment
- Efficiency of aligners to support use in orthodontic treatment
- Aligner+ Consulting and Mentoring to assure your success
- Part 1 orthodontic diagnosis: done clinically by you
- Part 2 diagnosis: learn to submit to an experienced consultant for the best diagnosis and appliance design
- SmileStream software predictions to support the treatment decision
In this seminar, you will understand more of the concepts behind tooth movement, how to submit your prescription properly to the lab, and how to treat more case types.
Clear Aligners can be effective beyond simple Class I crowded and retreat cases! Learn how to treat Class II cases with non-extraction, how to use engagers efficiently, and how to communicate with the lab technician for an effective set up. We will discuss the strengths and weaknesses of aligner therapy and how the application of brackets is an option to overcome those weaknesses.
A hands-on session with typodonts will give you the experience and confidence you need to properly use aligners, engagers, and brackets.
- Class II non-extraction cases: Moderate Class II with moderate crowding
- Understanding tooth movement
- Engagers—why, when and how
- IPR—why, when and how
- Torque, intrusion, extrusion
- Why aligners don’t fit and how to fix fit issues
- Rationale for adding brackets to certain cases for maximum success
- Hands-On Workshop:
- Bonding to articulator: engagers, buttons, and brackets
- How to tie in brackets efficiently
- Placing and fitting engagers properly
- Fitting the aligner and seating it properly
- Modifying trays to attach buttons for Class II or III elastics
- How to handle a case when a tray doesn’t fit well
In this seminar, we will continue to expand the types of cases that you can treat successfully and predictably, and teach you about extraction options. This course will allow you to offer your services to more of your patients to establish a career.
We will also focus on the revision process, and what to look for in all of your cases to ensure they are progressing properly, as well as how to make adjustments as necessary.
- Diagnosis and treatment planning of more severe malocclusion
- Extraction Rationale
- Proper planning for successful extraction space closure
- Class I and Class II extraction cases
- Open bite treatment planning
- Segmental vs. sequential tooth movement
- Reciprocal vs. segmental anchorage
- Revisions: when and how to make adjustments to the treatment
In the final seminar of the series, we will help you understand on how to achieve an excellent finish on all your cases, as well as the retention process to ensure your patients maintain their beautiful smile over the long term.
We will continue to expand your skills to take on more types of cases, giving you the tools you need to be successful with Class III and deep bites cases. You’ll now be able to manage and treat a large variety of cases with excellent control.
- Solutions to the common problems with aligners
- Attachments not engaging with aligners during treatment
- Aligners popping off
- Aligners too retentive
- Teeth not rotating as planned
- Teeth not extruding as expected
- Inadequate root movement
- Black triangles
- Posterior open bite
- Procedural crowding
- Which cases to avoid and which you can treat with great control
- Helping more complex cases
- Mild Class III with mild crowding
- Management of deep bite
- And many more!
- Use of accessories (buttons, elastics, distalizers)
With our predictable Aligner+ system, you’ll learn how to successfully
- Maintain and create proper occlusion
- Straighten and move teeth predictably and efficiently
- Close spaces in extraction and non-extraction cases
- Deal with patients who do not wear their trays
- Deliver aligner results to the orthodontic standard of care
- Provide predictable treatment that patients will appreciate
A comprehensive Aligner+ diagnosis and treatment planning system will help you be successful on each case that you start. Effectively help patients with Class I, Class II, and Class III, of both extraction and non-extraction modalities.