Learn to correct common mixed-dentition problems & set your patients up for success
Our Interceptive Orthodontics course will teach you orthodontic concepts and options to best help your young patients. After this course, you can confidently return to your practice knowing which mixed-dentition cases you can treat now, which cases you should refer to the orthodontist, and which cases you could treat with additional training.
With this knowledge, you can position yourself as a valuable resource to families. When you hear the question “does my child need braces?” you can intelligently respond with the best treatment options for that patient.
There are many simple solutions to common malocclusion problems you see in children. You can help create more space for the permanent teeth, or correct bite issues that can become problematic once they become teens. We will teach you when to implement these solutions and how to achieve the best results.
- How to answer the dreaded question “Does my kid need braces?”
- How to set up your patients early for better results
- Mixed dentition, looking beyond cavities
- Make the best of your pedo examination
- Identify which cases require earlier intervention
- Understand growth to improve results and minimize difficulties
- When should you or your orthodontist start the evaluation and treatment
- Space maintainers which, when and why
- Simple appliances (buttons, LLA, TPA, RPE, cleats etc.)
- How to identify and treat early issues
- What you can do with little risk (while being profitable)
- How to refer to and communicate with the orthodontist
Dr. Villalon began his dental career as a pediatric dental resident at Texas Children’s Hospital. Since then he has run a thriving pediatric practice for over 28 years. Dr. Villalon has an extensive experience in interceptive orthodontics; he has studied over 2500 hours under all the major orthodontic philosophies, giving him insight as to what may and may not work in given situations. As a Pediatric Dentist and instructor for Progressive Orthodontics, he has taught hundreds of dentists worldwide when and how to treat orthodontic problems in kids.
- Dental Degree- Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 1980-1984
- Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry- University of Texas 1984-1986
- Progressive Orthodontic Seminars – Houston #2 Class 2008–2010
- Adult Orthodontics
- Assistant & Team Orthodontic Training
- FREE Introduction to Orthodontics
- Gummy Smiles
- Maximizing Your Ortho Business [Online Class]
- Orthodontic Case Finishing
- Orthodontics for Children
- Orthodontic Mechanics
- Sleep Apnea & TMD
- TMD, Pain Management & Botox® in Dentistry
- Update 2020: The Mixed Dentition Revolution
- Available on streaming video
- $149 USD