Update 2019: Asymmetry in Orthodontics
Mastering the Most Underdiagnosed Aspect of Orthodontics
When Dr. David Dana and Dr. Donald McGann looked over their finished cases, they realized that the work they were least happy with often had some sort of undiagnosed asymmetry. Always seeking to improve his and his community’s work, Dr. Dana dedicated himself to research. In the past decade, he looked at the newest developments in symmetry and occlusion, studied cases around the world, and worked closely with the top POS instructors to put together this Update Seminar. He has designed a more complete and refined asymmetry protocol, and looks forward to sharing it with you.
- Understanding facial, dental and skeletal asymmetry—how they interrelate and how to treat each type
- Are you sure you are looking at a dental asymmetry? – Properly evaluating what appears to be a dental asymmetry
- Why we should look at more than the upper midline when determining symmetry
- Demystifying soft tissue asymmetry
- Start with the right records
- Learn when to take a frontal ceph
- Are you misplacing your archwires or tracing models wrong in DentalCAD?
- Adjust your records for asymmetry analysis (without spending extra time!)
- Protect yourself with the correct understanding of TMJ
- Diagnose and treatment plan six asymmetry cases
- When to correct with surgery and when you can mask the problem with orthodontics alone
- Learn how to avoid issues with extraction cases that stem from asymmetry
- Improve your mechanics efficiency and see treatments fall into place quicker
- Understand how asymmetry changes with growth and age and how to plan that in
Dr. David Dana has an esthetics and orthodontics private practice in Beverly Hills since 1984. He got his training in Prosthodontics at Boston University and his DDS at Universidad Tecnologica de Mexico. As a leading tenured instructor at Progressive Orthodontics, Dr. Dana has taught thousands of students since 1994 and continues to teach so that students can reach the highest levels of dentistry.
- Dental Degree- Universidad Tecnologica de Mexico 1977-1981
- Prosthodontics- Boston University 1981-1983
Lecturer for Progressive Orthodontic Seminars from 1994 to present.
In addition to his work with Progressive, Dr. Dana has lectured in Europe, Mexico, Australia, and Latin America on restorative and cosmetic dentistry, focusing on the use of Botulin toxin in dentistry and the use of lip filler for facial aesthetics.
- 1984-1988: Melbourne University, president of Dental Students Society in 1986
- 1990-1992: Member of the Medical Board for the Mildura Private Hospital
- 1993-1996: Worked in private practice in Malvern and Brunswick
- 1995-2003: Member of the Medical Board for the Vaucluse Hospital
- 1997-Present: Owned and worked in my own practice, employing two hygienist, therapist and an associate dentist
- Created http://firstbite.com.au , dental library for the public to learn about dental topics.
- Radio: 3AW , 3AK (had own weekly radio show), Koorie radio 3KND, ABC Radio National, ABC 774, 5AA Adelaide, ABC Drive Time Adelaide, ABC Regional South Australia
- TV: Channel 7 Sunrise Show, Channel 31
- Newspaper: The Herald Sun, Leader Newspaper (Moonee Valley), Community News
- Studied dentistry from 1982 to 1987 at the “Johannes Gutenberg-University” in Mainz.
- Certified post graduate education in implantology.
- Started working in the army in 1987, as a Captain, in Mainz.
- Received doctor’s degree in dentistry in 1990.
- Retired from the army, in 1993, as a Lieutenant-Colonel.
- I became a partner in a general dentist´s practice in Diessen in 1993.
- I´m still working in the same practice, together with a partner, offering everything in dentistry.
- 1984-1987 – The University of Cincinnati
- 1987 – Early Admission into Dental School with requirement for Bachelor’s Degree waived due to exceptional academics/ qualifications
- 1987-1991 – The Ohio State University College of Dentistry
- Deans List – 9 of 14 quarters
- Presidents List (Perfect 4.0 Average) – Remaining 5 quarters
- 1991 – Graduated with DDS degree – Graduated Cum Laude (#8 in class of 120)
- 1991-Present – OKU Dental Honor Society
- 1991-1995 – Worked in Group Practice
- 1995-Present – Private practice with emphasis on Orthodontics, Restorative, Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics
- 2007-Present – Progressive Orthodontics Instructor and responsible for new instructor training and current instructor certification at Progressive Orthodontics
- 1984-1987 – DDS from the University of Utrecht
- 1987-1989-Worked as an associate for 2 years in a NHS practice in Great Yarmouth, England.
- 1989-1994-Owned private practice in Sehnde, West Germany.
- 1994-Present-Owns private practice in Alkmaar, The Netherlands.
- 2006-Present – Progressive Orthodontics Tenured Instructor
- Adult Orthodontics
- Assistant & Team Orthodontic Training
- FREE Introduction to Orthodontics
- Gummy Smiles
- Maximizing Your Ortho Business [Online Class]
- Orthodontic Case Finishing
- Orthodontics for Children
- Orthodontic Mechanics
- Sleep Apnea & TMD
- TMD, Pain Management & Botox® in Dentistry
- Update 2020: The Mixed Dentition Revolution
LOCATION & DATES:
- San Jose, CA, USA - Jan 26-27 (Wier)
- Vienna, Austria - Feb 2-3 (Krennrich)
- Amsterdam, Holland - Feb 9-10 (Krennrich)
- New York, NY, USA - Feb 23-24 (Wier)
- Orange County, CA, USA - March 2-3 (Dana)
- Madrid, Spain - Mar 30-31 (Dana)
- Chennai, India- March 30-31 (Hymer)
- Sydney, Australia - April 6-7 (Hymer)
- Lisbon, Portugal - April 6-7 (Dana)
- Johannesburg, South Africa - May 3-4, 2019 (DeGroot)